You are not connected to the Seattle Pacific University Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Remote Access Sign-In
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||William Henry Harrison; William H Harrison|
|Material Type:||Biography, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xviii, 153 p. ; 22 cm.|
|Contents:||To the manor born --
The governor --
The War of 1812 --
Pursuing a post --
The first campaign --
And Tyler, too --
Log cabin and hard cider --
|Series Title:||American presidents series (Times Books (Firm))|
William Henry Harrison died just 31 days after taking the oath of office in 1841. Today he is a curiosity in American history, but as Collins shows in this entertaining and revelatory biography, he and his career are worth a closer look.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Harrison, William Henry, -- 1773-1841.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1841-1845.
- United States -- History -- 1783-1865.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1840.
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography.
- Governors -- Indiana -- Biography.
- Harrison, William H., -- 1773-1841.
User lists with this item (7)
- U.S. History Titles(287 items)
by ameier updated about a week ago
- political science(138 items)
by leecyb75 updated 2013-04-17
- 2012 - New Nonfiction Titles (January - December 17)(481 items)
by nblibrary updated 2013-01-10
- 2012-October: New Items at the SPU Library(297 items)
by spulibrary updated 2013-10-22
- History June 2012(94 items)
by njyoung updated 2012-06-01